I had the honor recently to have been nominated by Belinda Witzenhausen and Sylvia McGrath for the, “One Lovely Blog Award”! These are two of the most creative and supportive people I know. Both are advocates for people with special needs; something I can identify with myself.
The rules of acceptance for this award nomination are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
The 7 things about myself that I would like to share with you are:
- My wife and I were married 44 years ago this month, May 2012.
- We have two lovely daughters and six grandchildren which we dearly love.
- I retired from the corporate world and began a career in creative writing last year. Throughout much of my career my worked included technical writing, corporate photography and media production. Writing fiction opens a level of creativity that wasn’t possible in tech writing.
- I’m an avid reader of historical fiction, thrillers and poetry. This has provided a foundation I use in my writing. My first published fiction is pending release in early summer. Closed Doors, a Trilogy consists of two short stories and a thriller Novella.
- I have an eclectic musical taste: from Classical, to Folk, Country and Rock N Roll.
- I work at staying fit and healthy. Last year I lost 60 pounds by closely monitoring calorie burn and eating fewer calories than I burned.
- I’m amazed at how many like minded people I’ve connected with on social media. Many are as close as those in my local community.
The 15 fabulous bloggers I choose to nominate are all extremely talented and giving writers:
- Sandra Coelho ~ http://authorslcoelho.com
- Sylvia McGrath ~ http://sylviawmcgrath.wordpress.com/
- Belinda Witzenhausen ~ http://www.belindawitzenhausen.com/
- Kirkus MacGowan ~ http://www.kirkusmacgowan.info/
- Melissa Foster ~ http://www.worldliterarycafe.com/
- Lora Fisher ~ http://www.flairCreativ.net
- Colleen (B Chalmers) ~ http://www.bronwynswheelhouse.blogspot.ca/
- Renee MacLauchlan ~ http://notbythebooks.com/author/focusingthevoice/
- Angela Field ~ http://pixiespinions.wordpress.com
- Kristine Whiting ~ http://myspecialneedsclassroom.com/
- Heather Galaska ~ http://heatherlgalaska.wordpress.com
- Harish Rajpal ~ http://hrrajpal.wordpress.com
- Lesley Fletcher ~ http://inspirationimport.wordpress.com
- Lada Ray ~ http://ladaray.wordpress.com/
- Moondustwriter ~ http://moondustwriter.com
- Rameshnands ~ http://rameshnanda.wordpress.com
- Lisa Copen ~ http://chronicillnesssupport.wordpress.com/
I have read so many well written and interesting Blog . It was hard for me to just pick 15 blogs. I am sorry if I did not pick yours, perhaps another time.
I would like to thank Belinda Witzenhausen - http:// belindawitzenhausen.wordpress.com for nominating me. Belinda’s creativity is exceptional, whether writing or photography. She is a constant source of encouragement to her friends.