June 4, 2012 by Rich Weatherly http://RichWeatherly.WordPress.com
I checked my inbox recently to find messages from Belinda Witzenhausen ~ http://bwitzenhausen.wordpress.com/ and Doris ~ Doris http://miartedoris.wordpress.com, announcing that my personal blog http://RichWeatherly.wordpress.com had been nominated for the “Versatile Blogger Award”!
Belinda and Doris are talented, creative writers and artists. I am honored to have been nominated by them for this award. The rules of acceptance for this award nomination are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire The 7 things about myself which I would like to share with you here are:
- My wife and I were married 44 years ago this past May 2012.
- We have two lovely daughters and six grandchildren which we dearly love.
- I retired from the corporate world and began a career in creative writing last year. Throughout much of my career my work included technical writing, corporate photography and media production. Fiction writing is far more enjoyable.
- I’m an avid reader of historical fiction, thrillers and poetry. This has provided a foundation I use in my writing. My first published fiction is pending release in early summer. Closed Doors, a Trilogy consists of two short stories and a thriller Novella.
- I have an eclectic musical taste: from Classical, to Folk, Country and Rock N Roll.
- I work at staying fit and healthy. Last year I lost 60 pounds by closely monitoring calorie burn and eating fewer calories than I burned.
- I’m amazed at how many like minded people I’ve connected with on social media. Many are as close as those in my local community and I cherish their friendships.
The 15 fabulous bloggers I choose to nominate are all extremely talented and giving writers:
- Belinda Witzenhausen – Inspirational Creative Coach
- Doris – Arts Advocate
- Sylvia McGrath – Advocate for people with disabilities
- Shelli Johnson – Award Winning Author about the impact of war
- Sandy Coelho – Popular Author and supporter
- K. M. Weiland – Author and amazing writer’s resource
- August McLaughlin – Author and blogger on health issues
- Susie Lindau – Humorous blogger and amazing flash fiction writer
- Lana Meredith – Strong willed survivor
- Kirkus MacGowan – Author, blogger and friend
- Elizabeth S Craig and Author Site – Author and resource for writers
- Jeannie Campell – Therapist who analyses fictional characters
- Abbie Jones – Fantasy author who presents contests and writing samples
- Darcy Pattison – Advice to fiction writers
- Eve Redwater – Poet
Choosing nominees was not an easy decision ~ there are so many more that should be on this list, so please don’t feel bad if you’re not included! You’re all my favorites! That’s pretty much it! I am honored Belinda and Doris nominated me and thank them for doing so! Wishing everyone a wonderful week! :-)