June 4, 2012 by Rich Weatherly http://RichWeatherly.WordPress.com
I checked my inbox recently to find messages from Belinda Witzenhausen ~ http://bwitzenhausen.wordpress.com/ and Doris ~ Doris http://miartedoris.wordpress.com, announcing that my personal blog http://RichWeatherly.wordpress.com had been nominated for the “Versatile Blogger Award”!
Belinda and Doris are talented, creative writers and artists. I am honored to have been nominated by them for this award. The rules of acceptance for this award nomination are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire The 7 things about myself which I would like to share with you here are:
- My wife and I were married 44 years ago this past May 2012.
- We have two lovely daughters and six grandchildren which we dearly love.
- I retired from the corporate world and began a career in creative writing last year. Throughout much of my career my work included technical writing, corporate photography and media production. Fiction writing is far more enjoyable.
- I’m an avid reader of historical fiction, thrillers and poetry. This has provided a foundation I use in my writing. My first published fiction is pending release in early summer. Closed Doors, a Trilogy consists of two short stories and a thriller Novella.
- I have an eclectic musical taste: from Classical, to Folk, Country and Rock N Roll.
- I work at staying fit and healthy. Last year I lost 60 pounds by closely monitoring calorie burn and eating fewer calories than I burned.
- I’m amazed at how many like minded people I’ve connected with on social media. Many are as close as those in my local community and I cherish their friendships.
The 15 fabulous bloggers I choose to nominate are all extremely talented and giving writers:
- Belinda Witzenhausen – Inspirational Creative Coach
- Doris – Arts Advocate
- Sylvia McGrath – Advocate for people with disabilities
- Shelli Johnson – Award Winning Author about the impact of war
- Sandy Coelho – Popular Author and supporter
- K. M. Weiland – Author and amazing writer’s resource
- August McLaughlin – Author and blogger on health issues
- Susie Lindau – Humorous blogger and amazing flash fiction writer
- Lana Meredith – Strong willed survivor
- Kirkus MacGowan – Author, blogger and friend
- Elizabeth S Craig and Author Site – Author and resource for writers
- Jeannie Campell – Therapist who analyses fictional characters
- Abbie Jones – Fantasy author who presents contests and writing samples
- Darcy Pattison – Advice to fiction writers
- Eve Redwater – Poet
Choosing nominees was not an easy decision ~ there are so many more that should be on this list, so please don’t feel bad if you’re not included! You’re all my favorites! That’s pretty much it! I am honored Belinda and Doris nominated me and thank them for doing so! Wishing everyone a wonderful week! 🙂
16 responses to “The Versatile Blogger Award #Gratitude– Times 2”
Wow. Thank you so much, Rich! You have just made my day. 🙂
It’s payback for your awesome blog posts and your wonderful writing!
Wow! Congratulations Rich and thank you so much for the award! Don’t forget to come by on Wednesday…. 🙂
Thank you for the reminder! Those photos fit right in with the title of your blog, LOL
Thanks again Rich! You are the bestest!
Do not have word you are so sweet, thank you for the award!
You’re welcome, Doris!
Thanks again my friend! It matches your site 😀
You’re welcome! Gee, I knew I liked it for some reason. You’e post this evening is good reason for the nomination! 🙂
Rich, I’m honored! Thanks so much for the award. 🙂
You’re welcome, Jeannie.
I look forward to your Character Therapist post and value your insights.
Congratulations on receiving so many nominations – you will soon be getting the blog award for having the most blog awards. 🙂
Congrats on winning the award. Much deserved! And thanks so much for giving it to me. Made me smile this morning. 🙂
It was lovely to learn some things about you. Congrats on 44 years of marriage!
Cheers my friend!
You certainly deserve it with your insightful posts which make us think and I love your delicious, mouthwatering recipes.
I admire your new priorities which should serve you well.
Cheers back at you my friend!
I’m so sorry I missed this earlier, Rich! Thank goodness I dusted off the Facebook clutter today. 😉 Thanks so much for the honor. Means a lot coming from you!
August, it is an honor to me for you to say that.
Enjoy, re-post if you like. I know you have a great following; for good reasons I might add.