On November 15th Denton Poets’ Assembly returns to the Emily Fowler Public Library in Denton, Texas. The event will start at 10a.m and end at Noon.Our members will be read Minute poems, poems that are 60-syllables in length for their monthly assignment based on a lesson presented by J. Paul Holcomb, the Poet Laureate of Lewisville. In addition, we look forward to another poetry lesson this Saturday.
Afterward, we invite members and guests to read free choice poems.
In August DPA members submitted entries to the Poetry Society of Texas Annual Awards competition for 2014. On Saturday, November 8th PST announced the winners. DPA did well!
Listed in alphabetical order:
- Annie Neugebauer had first, second and third-place awards and many more in the top ten.
- Beth Honeycutt received a first place award and three others in the top ten.
- Cindy Wood garnered 2 second and one third place awards and one more in the top ten.
- J. Paul Holcomb was awarded 1 first, two second, 1 third place awards and several other poems placed in the top ten.
- Robert Schinzel placed in the top ten.
- Richard Weatherly received a first-place award.
Former DPA member Jan Spence had three first-place awards and several others in the top ten.
Members and guests, we hope to see you there!
Denton Poets’ Assembly meets on the third Saturday of the month, 10AM – Noon at the Emily Fowler Central Library, 502 Oakland Street, Denton, TX 76201. Meetings are free and open to the public. Everyone is welcome. For more information, visit www.DentonPoetsAssembly.weebly.com