I had the honor recently to have been nominated by Belinda Witzenhausen and Sylvia McGrath for the, “One Lovely Blog Award”! These are two of the most creative and supportive people I know. Both are advocates for people with special needs; something I can identify with myself.
The rules of acceptance for this award nomination are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
The 7 things about myself that I would like to share with you are:
- My wife and I were married 44 years ago this month, May 2012.
- We have two lovely daughters and six grandchildren which we dearly love.
- I retired from the corporate world and began a career in creative writing last year. Throughout much of my career my worked included technical writing, corporate photography and media production. Writing fiction opens a level of creativity that wasn’t possible in tech writing.
- I’m an avid reader of historical fiction, thrillers and poetry. This has provided a foundation I use in my writing. My first published fiction is pending release in early summer. Closed Doors, a Trilogy consists of two short stories and a thriller Novella.
- I have an eclectic musical taste: from Classical, to Folk, Country and Rock N Roll.
- I work at staying fit and healthy. Last year I lost 60 pounds by closely monitoring calorie burn and eating fewer calories than I burned.
- I’m amazed at how many like minded people I’ve connected with on social media. Many are as close as those in my local community.
The 15 fabulous bloggers I choose to nominate are all extremely talented and giving writers:
- Sandra Coelho ~ http://authorslcoelho.com
- Sylvia McGrath ~ http://sylviawmcgrath.wordpress.com/
- Belinda Witzenhausen ~ http://www.belindawitzenhausen.com/
- Kirkus MacGowan ~ http://www.kirkusmacgowan.info/
- Melissa Foster ~ http://www.worldliterarycafe.com/
- Lora Fisher ~ http://www.flairCreativ.net
- Colleen (B Chalmers) ~ http://www.bronwynswheelhouse.blogspot.ca/
- Renee MacLauchlan ~ http://notbythebooks.com/author/focusingthevoice/
- Angela Field ~ http://pixiespinions.wordpress.com
- Kristine Whiting ~ http://myspecialneedsclassroom.com/
- Heather Galaska ~ http://heatherlgalaska.wordpress.com
- Harish Rajpal ~ http://hrrajpal.wordpress.com
- Lesley Fletcher ~ http://inspirationimport.wordpress.com
- Lada Ray ~ http://ladaray.wordpress.com/
- Moondustwriter ~ http://moondustwriter.com
- Rameshnands ~ http://rameshnanda.wordpress.com
- Lisa Copen ~ http://chronicillnesssupport.wordpress.com/
I have read so many well written and interesting Blog . It was hard for me to just pick 15 blogs. I am sorry if I did not pick yours, perhaps another time.
I would like to thank Belinda Witzenhausen – http:// belindawitzenhausen.wordpress.com for nominating me. Belinda’s creativity is exceptional, whether writing or photography. She is a constant source of encouragement to her friends.
17 responses to “One Lovely Blogger Award”
Congratulations Rich and to all those nominated!
Thank you Susie!
I’m sure you’ll show up on one soon as well. I have other nominations from other bloggers so be prepared, LOL.
Congratulations on 44 years of marriage. That is quite an achievement in our times.
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out
Thanks for the kind words, Arlee!
Thank you so very much for nominating me! I truly appreciate it and am honored to have been chosen. I strive to reach 44 years with my lovely husband, just not too fast. I want every second with him to last a year.
You’re welcome, and I wish you the best, Melissa!
Congratulations Rich well deserved! Will check all the blogs 😉
Thank you, Doris. I’m sure all of them appreciate it 🙂
Congratulations on the nomination. Yours is one of the loveliest blogs I know, especially the poetry section. 🙂
Congratulations too on your 44th year of marriage this month – six grand children is a wonderful gift, although with all of them running around you I’m surprised you needed any help losing weight given the energy that must be keeping up with them. 😉
Note to self, don’t comment on blogs using a mobile phone… It misses words out. 😦 The joys of modern technology…
Thank you for the nomination – it is easy to see why you were also nominated; your giving nature, and support of the creative community speaks for itself. I also think you are a very lucky man to have maintained a loving relationship for 44 years, you give many, myself included, something to strive for.
You’re welcome. Not only do you have an interesting and informative blog you are quite supportive yourself.
I admire your dedication and love for your family. It was your book, The World According to August that first drew my attention to your writings and belief in someone you truly love and support.
I wish you the best on the blogger award!
Here’s a belated THANKS! With as much support you show fellow authors and myself, I could probably send you a thanks once a week and it wouldn’t be enough.
Thanks for that support, and for being a friend.
Gratz on losing 60 pounds! Unbelievable. You’ve whipped me in that arena. Still stuck at that 40 pounds I lost almost a year ago.
44 years is amazing. Not only is that great for the both of you, but it’s a pleasure to know someone with that much love for their significant other!
Thanks again for the nomination, Rich. Hope you’re having a wonderful summer.
Thank you for your generous comments, Kirkus.
I’ve been active on social media for about 1 year. Your blog was one of the first writer’s blogs I followed and I’m glad I did.
Take care, my friend!
Rich you deserve it!! I thank you for your kind nomination.
I have blogging burn out so I will hold the kindness of your award in my heart
Thank you, and you’re welcome. Maybe it will help you move beyond your burnout.
Pingback: Humbled by AWARDS! 2012 « Inspiration Import